Organized by Excelsior College School of Nursing & Albany Medical Center
This learning activity will be awarded a maximum of 5.75 Continuing Nursing Education Contact Hours. *
Description of Event
The purpose of this event is to inform educators, nurses, and health care leaders on innovations in veteran education, transition, and care, and promote veteran leadership in health care.
The deadline for submission of proposals and abstracts was April 15, and no additional submissions can be accepted.
Presenters will be notified via email of abstract status on April 24, 2017.
Accepted proposals and abstracts will be presented either as poster sessions or as podium presentations, and should relate to the conference objectives.
By the end of this Educational Institute, participants will be able to:
- Identify the academic and clinical needs of the military/veteran population.
- Describe strategies in higher education to support veteran success.
- Identify innovations and trends in veteran health care.
- Describe strategies for translating military experience and leadership into the civilian health care workforce.
Who benefits from attendance:
Medical professionals interested in learning about successful education strategies and trends impacting the health care system including:
- Nurse educators
- Staff development professionals
- Nurse leaders
- Health care organizations
- Veterans and those transitioning from the military
Registration is required.
* Albany Medical Center is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.